Praxis 0030

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by jw12, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jw12

jw12 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012

Hello All,

I am getting ready to take the Praxis 0030: Biology and General Science exam, and was wondering if anyone had any insights on this test. Primarily, I'm concerned because I have a degree in Chemistry (and passed the Chem Praxis fine), but in order to teach Integrated Science (and for more job opportunities) I have to pass this exam as well.

If you or someone you know has taken this test, I would appreciate knowing the general level of difficulty of the exam... do you need to be a Biology major to pass? Or is the content less specific than the Biology content knowledge exam?

Thanks for any help!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 12, 2012

If it runs to type, the exam shouldn't require knowledge at the level of the biology major, no.

4. jw12

jw12 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012

Thanks, TeacherGroupie. That's good to know. In comparing the study guides on the ETS website, 0030 did seem easier than the content knowledge exam. Still, for someone without a *ton* of biology background, I'm a bit nervous.

Thanks again.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 12, 2012

See if your local Barnes & Noble has the SparkChart (laminated folding study sheet) on biology, and use that as a source of terminology to look up on Answers.com or your favorite browser.

6. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Mar 14, 2012

It has been several years since I have taken the biology exam, but you might want to check into a book called homework helpers: biology. I used the homework helpers:chemistry (from amazon) to study for my praxis chem exam that I took this past Sat. *Hopefully it helped me pass*