PPR EC-6

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by megren228, Mar 15, 2010.

1. megren228

megren228 New Member

Mar 15, 2010

I'm taking the Texes PPR EC-6 this Friday and I'm SUPER nervous!! I've studied the SBEC prep materials, the REA study guide, along with online flash cards. Are there any other tips other then student-centered and ideal classroom? I've heard the test is like the practice tests that are given in study guides, but I've also heard that it is not. Maybe I'm stressing about this test a little to much than I should be.:unsure:

3. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Mar 16, 2010

I felt the exact same way you feel before I sat for the PPR! I hadn't passed my content exam yet and kept hearing how the PPR was much harder and that I'd probably be taking it again. That just added to my fear. Despite what I was told, I decided to go in there with confidence. I only studied for about a week since much of the content for the PPR was part of my education classes. I surprised everyone when my score came back at a 260. I learned to take what people tell me about the difficulty of these exams with a grain of salt. It's only as hard as you make it. :) Just think perfect classroom and you'll do fine.
    Oh and to me, the test was a lot like the practice test in the online study guide.

4. megren228

megren228 New Member

Mar 17, 2010

Thank you so much for your reply!!! I've been trying to calm my nerves and keep thinking "the ideal/perfect classroom". I've heard it's hard and some tell me the content exam is harder, so I think you're right about it's only as hard as you make it. Again thanks! :)

5. jennybt03

jennybt03 Rookie

Mar 20, 2010

How did it go? :)

Hi Megren, how did your testing go? I am taking the 191 and 194 in April. I just printed out the texes ets materials and will see what else I need. I became a teacher 14 years ago but have been a stay at home mom ever since. I have been tutoring and substituting this year in my son's elem. school. I am a good test taker but nervous like you were. Hope to hear from you!
    :)

6. Teach4girls

Teach4girls Rookie

Mar 26, 2010

PPR, EC-6

Hi all,
    I'm new here. I've been reading posts for EC-6 generalist and PPR and have found them very helpful. I took the generalist last week (3-15) and passed, but I took the PPR on Wednesday of this week and haven't received my score yet. Last test I got the score the next day. Now I'm spolied!!! Did anyone take a test on Wed, 3-24 CAT in Dallas and got their score???

7. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Mar 29, 2010

Teach4girls, did you get your score? :)

8. Teach4girls

Teach4girls Rookie

Mar 30, 2010

Yes. I did. Thanks for asking. I didn't get the email, but I checked Friday evening and it was there. I passed!!! I'm done with both cert tests!!!

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 30, 2010

Congratulations!

10. Teach4girls

Teach4girls Rookie

Mar 30, 2010

Thanks! I'm a grad student getting a M.Ed with Texas EC-6 cert. My last two classes are in June and I take my comp exams in July. I'm set to student teach in the Fall 10, but I'm hopeful for an internship:) Has anyone been successful finding an internship instead of student teaching?

11. dashton

dashton New Member

Apr 1, 2010

Pass?

Hi Meg, I was wondering if you passed your exam? And also I was thinking of getting the flash cards, do you think they helped?

12. jennybt03

jennybt03 Rookie

May 10, 2010

Update!

I Just got my score today...passed with a 296! Basically devoted the three weeks before the test to studying for the 191 and 194 7 or 8 hours a day with study guides and ets study guides. Practice tests really helpful. Some manuals too easy.:)

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 10, 2010

Way to go jennybt03!

14. megren228

megren228 New Member

May 12, 2010

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but yes I did pass not I have my Generalist EC-6 tomorrow and I'm once again nervous about it. I used an REA study guide and the guide online. I didn't really study anything in particular, I just took the tests, looked at the ones I got wrong, studied it and that was it. GOOD LUCK!

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 12, 2010

Congratulations, megren228, and good hunting tomorrow!

16. lorebt

lorebt New Member

Nov 23, 2010

I got my ppr ec-12 score was 232 I didnt pass. I am going to take the ec-6
    1)How was the test, It was difficult or OK? what type of questions it had?
    2) Which book you used as a study guide?

17. Dennise Caby

Dennise Caby New Member

May 3, 2011

HI

HI!..I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WAS SO HELPFUL TO YOU FINDING OUT THE CORRECT ANSWERS IN THE PPR?..I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE!

18. Dennise Caby

Dennise Caby New Member

May 3, 2011

hi...:)

HI, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WAS SO HELPFUL TO YOU DURING THE PPR TEST IN ANSWERING THE CORRECT RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS?.......I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....REPLY AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
    THANKS.
    DENNISE

19. spatschke

spatschke New Member

Feb 18, 2013

Does anyone know if the TExES PPR EC-12 state exam is easier or harder than the Qualifier? I passed the Qualifier and am taking the state exam in 6 weeks. I am curious on how much I should study for it because I passed the Qualifier last sememster so I should know what to expect. Let me know :)