portable classroom pics please!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by snoangel, Jul 29, 2008.

1. snoangel

snoangel Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

I'm moving from a very beautiful, large classroom in the main building to a small portable because i'm switching grades. although i'm excited to teach 3rd grade, i hate the portable. i've cried with frustration everytime i'm in there:eek: i had to get rid of my kidney table for a smaller rectangle one because the space is so limited. it's got these weird pushouts on one wall and a bathroom on the other side. out of all the portables, it's the smallest because of those stupid push outs and the bathroom... i really don't want to give up my classroom library space, and was hoping that some of you may have PICS of your portables so I can get some ideas on how to creatively arrange it.

It would make me feel so much better!!

3. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 29, 2008

I know I remember seeing someone's portable pics last summer. It is on a teacher's website...maybe mandy gregory? I'll check.

4. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 29, 2008

yep...mandygregory.com has a section on moving into a portable and she has pics too.

5. Ems

Ems Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 30, 2008

Ooooo! Mrs. Bunyi has done a remodel for this year! Note to self: Send complimentary e-mail. :woot:

She was the one I thought about, also.

My first year, I had a tiny room, and I had several bookcases in there. They saved my life. :)

Last, be grateful that you have a restroom because I know a teacher at our school who does not, and she had to move from a huge room with a sink, lots of storage, and a bathroom yesterday to an old portable without a bathroom.

7. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

We don't have bathrooms in our portables, I would think it's kinda gross because of the smell. I don't know. I like to take the kids out to the bathroom because it gives us a mini break!

8. snoangel

snoangel Rookie

Jul 31, 2008

i really don't want a bathroom. i had a portable my 1st year teaching (before moving into the main building) and it was great. it had storage and was pretty big. the only downside was no running water. other portables at my school have sinks and no bathrooms and i would prefer this. yes, the bathroom is right there, but seriously...it takes up a quarter of the room. i will have a talk (esp. with little boys) about leaving it cleaner than they found it. i seriously HATE my portable. augh...i know i'm a whiner but still.