Pledge

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by justfine, Jul 18, 2008.

1. justfine

justfine Comrade

Jul 18, 2008

This year, I would like to write a CLASSROOM PLEDGE with my class! Can anyone help me out with a sample? Thanks

3. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 18, 2008

This is our school pledge:
    I will act in such a way that I can be proud of myself and others can be proud of me, too. I came to learn, I will learn, and I will have a good day.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2008

How about having the kids create the pledge?;)

5. AngelM

AngelM Rookie

Jul 18, 2008

I saw a picture of this in Debbie Miller's "Reading with Meaning" book. It is written on white paper that is mounted on poster board. The students all signed around the pledge. It is actually called "Our Promise to Each Other." Also in this display, the children have made images of themselves. These are hung around the poster. It's on p. 99 if you have the book. I think I'm going to do it this year. Here's the Promise:

"When we care about each other and our classroom, we share what we have, listen carefully, help each other learn, work hard, and have fun together. We understand that everyone makes mistakes, that we stand up for ourselves and others, and when someone asks us to stop, we stop. This is who we are, even when no one is watching!"

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 18, 2008

We have a school pledge in which the promise to be part of the solution, remove hurtful language from my speech, stand up for others who need help, work to prevent bullying, be respectful of peers and those in authority, help others in any way I can. This isn't the exact wording (I can't remember it) but the sentiments are all there.

7. teach_each1

teach_each1 Comrade

Jul 18, 2008

Today I will do my best,
    I will listen and follow directions.
    I will obey school rules.
    I can learn.
    I will learn.​

8. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Jul 19, 2008

As part of dropout prevention plan, each grade had to make a pledge/chant that included their year of graduation (hopefully!) K-6 memorized theirs and recited them on class awards day. Parents were really impressed! Here's ours:

We are the class of 2016
    We give it our all there's no in between
    We know that our future is in our hands,
    So we do our best and learn all we can.
    We respect ourselves and others too,
    That's how we all come shining through.
    We give it our all there's no in between
    We are the class of 2016.

We all had to create a poster with the chant on it, and they were published in the local paper. I used print shop to create a poster and enlarged it to poster size with a shooting star on the background and a star border. It looked pretty cool. Each child's name was typed on a star in the border.

You could probably do a google search "class creeds or class chants" and find lots of examples too.