PLEASE use layman terms. I have ZERO terminology for anything related to taxes but below is more.

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Bigvuth, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bigvuth

Bigvuth Rookie

Mar 19, 2017

Please answer separately.
    1) I am saving up to move to my own place in Sacramento. I saw places where the rent is between 550-600 a month. If I have to start off as a sub (mind you I'm graduating in two months), I believe I'll be paid at least 28g between the elk grove and turlock area. Assuming I am married how much can i take home or how much can i expect? As alluded to, take into account the necessities only, notably rent, gas, groceries. Please.
    2) How much can I take home if I am single?
    3) I think this is credible but I am just curious. To the rest of you how credible does this look? If you type in sacramento, 1 bedroom and bathroom, and 500 for minimum and 1g for maximum you will see many results.
    4)How feasible is a subsitute income living on rent in sacramento if single?
    5)How feasible is it with a wife?
    6)how feasible with wife/gf and ONE kid (let's assume daughter since they are referred to as more care)
    7)what if I have that one kid at 27-28. mind you I'm 24 now.

https://www.apartments.com/sacramento-ca/1-bedrooms-1-bathrooms-500-to-1000/?so=2

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 19, 2017

Wow. Are you saying subs are paid differently if married versus single? Doubtful. You are young. Don't jump
    Into marriage until you are emotionally and financially ready. And only you can know when that is. Good luck to you.

4. Bigvuth

Bigvuth Rookie

Mar 19, 2017

I didn't say that. Well to your knowledge how much can a sub expect to make in between the Sacramento to Modesto area?

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 19, 2017

This is weird.

[​IMG]

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Maven

Mar 20, 2017

Too many variables.Subs don't get called every day that they are available - ask any sub for confirmation on that. As for the rest of your questions, you will be best served contacting HR Block or E-File. I wouldn't mess around with taxes. In NJ, you would be hard pressed to make $28,000/year as a sub. Just because you are available doesn't guarantee that you will find a job on every available day. Get real tax help from a tax professional, IMHO. Best of luck. You haven't even provided information about possible income from potential "room-mate", and that will be a vital piece of information. You need a better professional and more information.

7. Bigvuth

Bigvuth Rookie

Mar 20, 2017

Well I am asking about 28g in California.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 20, 2017

It sound like you need a financial planner. This is outside of the realm of knowledge for this forum.

SpecialPreskoo likes this.
  9. cupcakequeen

cupcakequeen Companion

Mar 21, 2017

I found an article (which is a few years old) that gives an range of between $90-135 per day in the Sacramento area. I'm estimating (without knowing how many days in the school year there are in CA) that would give you $25,000 a year before tax at MOST.

I'm not super familiar with the cost of living in that area, so the answers to all of your other questions are hard to know. It may be possible for a family of 3 to live on that if you were extremely frugal and didn't have any emergency expenses pop up, but I imagine it would be very tight.

This is all assuming that you start out and remain a sub for ever. Is that your plan, or do you hope to have a full time teaching position?