Please, please avoid

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 3Sons, Jan 31, 2018.

1. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Jan 31, 2018

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...s-with-state-legislators-in-washington-idaho/

Jake MacAulay, a Christian reconstructionist, has been trying to present his theocratic view of the constitution in public schools. That's nothing new, but this quote should give teachers pause:
    "[Macaulay] explained to his audience that in order to speak at a public school, “Look, we don’t need permission from the superintendent, the principal, the dean of students. Just find a history teacher, say, ‘Hey, I’ve got a presentation I can do. It’s about the Constitution.’”"

If an outsider offers to do an academic presentation to your class, it's a good idea to know what they're going to say first.

From discussion on this board, I have a hard time believing a teacher would allow it without running it by the principal, anyway.[/B]

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jan 31, 2018

Even if they did run it by the principal, the principal might let it through without ever looking into it either. It really is on teachers to ask to see a demo presentation or all of the slides and content the presenter will be teaching.

There have been whole school assemblies where people like this scam principals into thinking their presentation is about something like drunk driving, or smoking, and then they turn it into a Christian Revival or something.

I find it ironic that these people are resorting to scams and lies in order to spread their version of morality to children.

SpecialPreskoo likes this.
  4. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2018

The key words are, as always, due diligence.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  5. Tyler B.

Tyler B. Devotee

Feb 1, 2018

I would hope teachers would not allow access to their students from any unvetted source. Thanks for the heads up.

6. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Feb 5, 2018

This baffles and saddens me as well. As a Christian, it is very disheartening when the corrupt ones give us all a bad name. Lying and committing deception for the cause of Faith is still lying and deception. I would question whether or not these groups are actually Christian, but that's just me.

SpecialPreskoo and Peregrin5 like this.