Please Help

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by MsBirts, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MsBirts

MsBirts Rookie

Sep 21, 2005

I have to write a lesson plan using these concepts one to one correspondence, stable order rule, order irrelevance rule, cardinality rule. I am supposed to be teaching the students how to count to 15 rationally. The problem is I don’t know what those concepts mean. Can anyone help :confused:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 21, 2005

Hopefully, you've thought of this, but the first things I'd do is look these terms up under Google or some other search engine. I honestly have no idea what these means either! Are you sure you weren't able to ask your co-op teacher or something?

4. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2005

I just had a test on this stuff today. Well, some of it.
    here's the definitions from my textbook:

One-to-one Correspondence: If the elements of sets P and S can be paired so that for each element of P there is exactly one element of S there is exactly one element of P for each element of S and for each element of S there is exactly one element of P, then the sets P and S are said to have one-to-one corresponcence.

Ok, I know thats really wordy, but basically, if Sally, Bob, and Fred each want dessert, and there's one piece of pie, one piece of cake, and some candy. Each kid will get 1 dessert. The amount of options is 3!, or 3x2x1, or 6 different option about who gets which dessert.

Well, I can't find my notes on the other stuff right now, but I hope this helps!

5. MsBirts

MsBirts Rookie

Sep 21, 2005

I asked my mentor and she referred me to a book I don’t have.

6. MsBirts

MsBirts Rookie

Sep 21, 2005

Thank you Danny

7. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2005

What I started doing (at the advice of a teacher) a few years ago was collecting any teaching books I could find. Yard sales are a gold mine, and also when the schools get new books they need something to do with the old ones. I have books for everything, so when I get an assignment I can just go to my neatly filed books. It really comes in handy. All of mine are in storage back home this semester though. I miss them ;)

8. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Oct 1, 2005

Good Idea !

9. GaGrl78

GaGrl78 New Member

Nov 8, 2005

You sound like a WGU student!! I'm in the process of finding this info, also:) Good luck!!

10. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2005

I guess I could define all these things for you. But it sounds like you need a little practice searching the internet. This is all related to "Number Sense". Do a search on that, or "stable order rule", or "order irrelevance rule".

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 11, 2005

Ok I'm being lazy I'll admit it. But I have my degree already. What the heck is Stable order Rule. I have never heard that one. Maybe I was counting ceiling tiles when the teacher explained that one.