Photo Story 3 in the Classroom

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Love to Teach, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 6, 2008

I have just learned to use Photo Story 3 AND love it!! It is so easy to use. I was wondering, though, if anyone would have any ideas to share of how to use it with students in the classroom. I did come across this one and thought it was a neat way for kids to showcase a favorite poem. :)

Scroll down to Poetry Multimedia Project - If I Were In Charge of the World
    http://www.lauracandler.com/poetry.htm

For those unfamiliar with PhotoStory 3, it is a free download from Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92755126-a008-49b3-b3f4-6f33852af9c1&DisplayLang=en

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jul 6, 2008

When we go on field trips, I take pictures, and then make a PhotoStory when we get back to school. I add music to make it more interesting. They we use the photostory to do our prewriting for an essay about our field trip. It really helps the kids remember what we did, and to sequence it.

4. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 6, 2008

My friend used photo story to create a yearbook for her kids at the end of the school year. She took pictures of them throughout the school year and then gave one to each student on a cd.

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 6, 2008

My HS juniors used PhotoStory to "illustrate" an essay they had written ("This I Believe"). Instead of music, they recorded their voice reading the essay and downloaded it. They turned out GREAT! They did the voice recording with Audacity (another free download).

6. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 6, 2008

This sounds great! I plan to download and play!