Pedicure Spa and foot pain :(

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by corps2005, Sep 29, 2007.

1. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Sep 29, 2007

Hello everyone,

I finally had a chance to catch up with a fellow friend and colleague earlier today :) It was fantastic! We went to a nail salon and got matching french manicures and pedicures. Oh, the foot massage was heavenly! :p

I just have one itsy, bitsy, little problem....it might not be a problem at all. I wanted to ask if anyone else has ever gotten a pedicure and had foot pain afterwards? The balls of my feet and the skin the balls of my feet and the toes burn and sting :unsure: They have been stinging and burning for several hours now. It looks like the skin is a bit red and seems to be peeling a teeny bit. :confused:

Has anyone else ever had this reaction to a pedicure?

3. msaly

msaly Comrade

Sep 29, 2007

if the skin is red and peeling you might be allergic to something they used. I have had an allergic reaction to a pedicure product before, but mine itched, i used aveeno anti itch cream to help. It went away after a day. Another thing it might be is when they use the scraper(i dont know the technical term :) ) to get the dead skin off, they might of been too rough, causing redness and peeling.

4. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Sep 29, 2007

I put some lotion on it, so maybe that will help. I didn't let them use a scrapper becaues I had never seen one before :p My friend said it was a foot "razor." That was enough for me to say "NO." :eek: Tee hee! I'm actually glad I didn't get it :p

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 29, 2007

It could have been the scraper or just your foot reacting to all the dead skin coming off, but put some aloe lotion on your feet. That should help it out!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2007

Keep an eye on it. If the pain persists or the symptoms escalate go see a doctor. I know people who have had fungal infections after having a pedicure at places that were not immaculate.

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2007

The scraper doesn't hurt, but it has been known to cause infections. Here it is no longer allowed unless a customer specifically asks for it. I agree, if the pain persisits go to a doctor immediately.

8. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Sep 30, 2007

Well, it's a day afterwards and the stinging and burning isn't as bad now. It still looks red and a bit puffy. Odd really because I don't have any cuts on my feet ??? I have been lathering them in lotion, and the french pedicure does look nice :p