Payroll problems

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by jen12, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Nov 29, 2012

This is my fourth year subbing and the first time I've had a payroll issue. I had a long term sub job at the beginning of the year with a moving target for an end date. When it finally got ironed out, they requested that I be there on the day the teacher returned in order to make things smoother. I just got the paycheck for what should have been the last four days and I was only paid for three days at that rate.

I called the sub desk and left a message about it...we'll see what happens. :huh:

3. GemStone

GemStone Cohort

Nov 30, 2012

When I was a sub, there were occasional payroll errors. Some of them were on the part of the school secretary, who submitted the payroll information, and she always rectified the mistakes. I always received the missing pay on my next paycheck. Are you able to wait that long for the money?

4. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Nov 30, 2012

I used to process payroll before I went into teaching, so I completely understand that there are errors. The thing that irritates me is that I suspected something like this would happen when they kept moving the end date around on the job. Sometimes, it's not good to be right.