Payment for writing long term sub plans

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Lady_Marie, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Lady_Marie

Lady_Marie New Member

Jul 29, 2017

You all have given me a lot to think about and a lot of questions that I need to work out answers to. I don't really have answers right now to most of them. :( I have the gist of most of the year figured out, but it would be quite a bit of work still. I believe this would be a throughout the school year until they find a full-time teacher. I would want it to be a monthly contract where either of us could end it with a one month's notice.
    There is a chance that they will find another solution, and depending on what happens we might not come up with a negotiation that both sides can accept. I'll update this when eventually the principal gets a plan figured out and I either accept or don't.
    If you have any more advice or ideas I would love to hear them, it is very helpful (if nothing else to remind myself that while I want to help the kids, that might not be their end goal).

2. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

Jul 31, 2017

Keep in mind, there are laws about how public money can be spent. This all has to be board approved. Curriculum funds for example come out of a specific account and it is all accounted for in the budget. I have a feeling they will find it easier just to hire someone at the last minute.

3. Lady_Marie

Lady_Marie New Member

Aug 11, 2017

Luckily, they found a new teacher who can take the job. About a week before school starts, but still a much better solution than a long term sub. So I no longer have to make a choice one way or another, and my former students will have a much more stable solution. It's a huge weight off my shoulders (especially since I probably would have tried to do it all for the kids).

Thanks for all the advice.

Bunnie and AlwaysAttend like this.
  4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

Aug 11, 2017

Things tend to work out when not dealing with a completely inept district.