Passed FTCE General Knowledge on the first try

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by New_teach2012, May 28, 2012.

1. CamC

CamC New Member

Oct 26, 2017

Hello Kandi,
    Can you please send me the study guides for English and Math gk and the professional test

A+teacher2017 and s.shaw like this.
  2. s.shaw

s.shaw Rookie

Oct 26, 2017

I would love to have a study guide for the GKT math and ELS.

A+teacher2017 likes this.
  3. Grace Wickboldt

Grace Wickboldt New Member

Nov 21, 2017

Hi everyone. I know this thread is a bit old. But still relevant with pretty recent replies.

I also passed on my first try.

I used navaed the website (they have study guides and articles. All extremely useful and I studied and read over all of them in two days) very useful, to the point, stuff. Some of the practice questions were even on the test (or very very similar).

I also used mometrix, and Cliffnotes both the GKT study guide editions. I bought them on Amazon. Both were very helpful but I think Cliffnotes was the most helpful of the two.

For the essay, read some of the tips and articles about it on navaed.

Good luck everyone.

4. A+teacher2017

A+teacher2017 New Member

Jan 1, 2018

Can you please send me the English review? I have failed two times I am getting ready to take the test again soon. My email is generalknowledgegk @ aol. Com

5. ELA Teach

ELA Teach New Member

Jan 8, 2018

Can you send me your study guides? Thanks, williamskm89 @ gmail. com

6. Ross Jones

Ross Jones New Member

Jan 10, 2018

Hello Kandi! Can you please email your study guides too? ryrrose @ yahoo . com

Thanks! Cheers!

7. Janley

Janley Rookie

Jan 30, 2018

Just want to let everyone know i finally passed my general knowledge math test. Anyone and everyone i suggest you get the study guide from Navaed their study guide is amazing.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Connoisseur

Jan 30, 2018

Congratulations! :celebrate:

9. Carterc4715

Carterc4715 New Member

Feb 13, 2018

Can you please email me a study guide for reading??? Carterc4715 gmail I would really appreciate it.

10. Carterc4715

Carterc4715 New Member

Feb 13, 2018

Hello all :)! I have failed the reading portion five times!!! Does anyone have any study tips or websites/books they suggest?

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 13, 2018

Welcome to A to Z, Carterc4715!

Sometimes resources that aren't specific to a given test are better at reinforcing the skills required. I like LearningExpress's book Reading Comprehension Success in 20 Minutes a Day, and you should be able to find it in most bookstores and libraries.

12. Bstilf

Bstilf New Member

Feb 26, 2018

Hello,
    I a little devasted because I have failed the reading portion 5 times now. Each time my score gets worse. I’ve used cliffnotes, REA, navaed, reading comphrension, and like every study guide possible. Any suggestions or advice? I’m losing hope :(

13. missjones1919

missjones1919 New Member

Mar 19, 2018

Took the GK test for the first time on Saturday. Got an unofficial score for math and language skills. I didn't receive a pass or not pass for the reading or essay. I understand why they didn't score the essay but I don't know why they didn't give me a pass or not pass for reading? Is this normal???

14. Esolgirl

Esolgirl Rookie

Mar 29, 2018

I purchased the Navaed study guide and received the webinar too. I had to retake math and reading today, and let me tell you, this guide was spot on. Had the same kind of questions on the guide as there was on the test. I went through the math in 40 mins because there were identical questions on the guide. Passed the math, now just waiting on reading. Best $80 I’ve spent. The lady who makes the guides actually goes in and takes the latest exams. This is the best resource for this exam. Every other book and website and is outdated. I also did two reading passages a day on Khan academy and crackact. This helped with reading speed.

15. Esolgirl

Esolgirl Rookie

Mar 29, 2018

Yes, it is normal. They are backed up on this section, and I’m not sure why. I waited three weeks for that score.

16. Esolgirl

Esolgirl Rookie

Mar 29, 2018

What exactly is the biggest challlenge for you on that section? For me, it was all about strategies. Eliminating outliers and extreme choices, knowing the main idea and central idea were very broad and rarely included details from the text. Navaed was too short for reading. It wasn’t as challenging as the exam, so I did Khan Academy and crackact. I did two to five passages a day to improve my speed, and also just to expose myself to every type of question. I hope you have some time for a retake. I have two months left to pass.

17. sharmidevi

sharmidevi New Member

Jun 11, 2018

This information was very useful to me.

18. Esolgirl

Esolgirl Rookie

Jun 12, 2018

I did pass the GKT the second time around using Khan Academy, CrackACT, and Navaed. I read up to 5 passages a day in reading. Once I started to see it was more about strategy than comprehension, I was able to attack the questions in a different manner. Especially the reading. The math was a cakewalk with Navaed. The questions on the study guide were almost identical to the test.

19. Tigger2riffic

Tigger2riffic New Member

Jun 26, 2018

Does anyone have any recommendations for study guides for the GK Math test? I failed it for the fourth time today and now I am in SERIOUS danger of being unemployed next year. I even have a tutor..... I just downloaded the navaed guide everyone is talking about and I already noticed SEVERAL of the questions that were on the test I took today. UGH. I am thinking about getting the Cliffs Notes guide, but I don't know if it's going to be worth the money. I've already dumped a LOT into practice test sites, etc. and I am leary about spending more. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!

20. Liza

Liza New Member

Jun 26, 2018

How about khan academy website. The website has videos that can help you.