Paint smocks

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LvToyFoxTerrier, Jun 18, 2014.

1. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Jun 18, 2014

I am looking for inexpensive art/paint smocks that my preschoolers can easily put on over their heads and wear without any tying strings involved. In the past they have brought oversized tshirts to school but it was hard for them to put on by themselves as they had to find the neck hole and then the arm holes. I would like to just buy a batch of easily put on smocks/aprons that I can just keep at school. Any suggestions? :help:

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jun 18, 2014

You could just get rid of the arm holes, cut the sides, to use the tshirts if you wanted. Then they would just put their heads through the hole. I was in a classroom that had velcro aprons, but they were just as much trouble and the kids never fastened the straps. I think they were from lakeshore. They were blue.

4. msaly

msaly Comrade

Jun 18, 2014

I had kids bring a tshirt that's a size or two too big, I cut the back open so they just put their arms in the sleeves and then after they are done they just pull them off. My class of two years olds could do it all on their own

5. TchrMelissa

TchrMelissa Rookie

Jun 30, 2014

I had parents donate button up shirts (like mens button up shirts). I would have them put the shirt on backwards and I button the back (just the top button). They worked like a charm and are easy for the kids to take off by themselves after I unbutton.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 22, 2014

I saw some at the dollar store.