PAEC.....Totally Confused!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Love to Teach, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 5, 2010

This afternoon, there was a thread on an amazing teacher professional development opportunity, PAEC.
    http://www.paec.org/teacher2teacher/

Now, it is gone, and it doesn't even show up in my statistics area under threads that I have posted to...this is very confusing! What happened to it, and why did it disappear? :)

I was so excited by it that I quick emailed my state DOE, and even got a speedy relpy.....the information on the site is current and our state will recognize these courses for certificate renewal. It sounds like a fantastic opportunity for e-learning! :)

3. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 5, 2010

Yeah, I just came back to look for it myself. I am looking to utilize it, but couldn't remember the name, so I am glad that you posted the link! :)

4. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 5, 2010

Joyful, thank you....I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined it or something!! :D

5. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 5, 2010

Me too!:lol::lol::lol:

6. teachforlife23

teachforlife23 Rookie

Jul 5, 2010

Hi Love to Teach - I wrote it but I was wondering what happened to it as well...I saw it posted then it went poof lol... I was hoping someone could get some use out of it because it was such great info! Glad your state got back to you right away with happy news!

7. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 5, 2010

free online renewal credits? It seems to good to be true.

8. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 5, 2010

Teachforlife....thank you so much for passing on the information! I sent off an email to my administrators, as well. Even if they don't want to use if for any of our professional development days, I most certainly am going to. Thanks, again...so much!

Sure is weird the way it disappeared like that!! :)

9. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 5, 2010

It sure does, doesn't it?!! :) Here is what I got back from our DOE...I couldn't believe such a quick response, either. Was really nice of them! :)

Teacher to Teacher workshops can be used as continuing education contact hours to renew a SD certificate. Each workshop is worth a total of 10 contact hours. Two contact hours are given for watching the video and completing the test and the additional eight contact hours are for the completion of optional projects. You get an online confirmation of the two hours and the additional eight hours would require printing the optional projects page and having your supervisor observe you and signing off on the projects.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

I'm sure each state will have their own criteria for completion credit, but it definitely sounds like the "real deal". :)

10. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 6, 2010

Awesome resource, thanks for posting about it!