PA Certification - Alternative Certification from TX

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachersk, Jun 1, 2011.

1. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2011

Greetings,

I was alternatively certified five years ago in Texas, by a well known /competitive program that is not run by a college or university.

I currently teach in NJ. I still have my certification from Texas and I am also certified in NJ.

I am moving to PA at the end of June.

For the PA paperwork, there is a "College/University Teacher Preparation Program" form that needs to be signed in order to submit an application. I have looked all over the website for a form that is designed for alternative certification, but cannot find one.

I sent the form listed above to my teaching certification program, and they said they can't sign it because they're not a university.

Any ideas? I have a Master's degree and have been teaching for five years, so there has to be a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

3. Xidous003

Xidous003 Companion

Jun 1, 2011

That is a tough question. I would email the PA certification people, tell them your story, and send them the paperwork without that form and see what they tell you.

I would also get a letter from the non-university program explaining you attended their program, are qualified, etc. The letter can't hurt!

4. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Jun 2, 2011

5. roll

roll Rookie

Jun 2, 2011

Call the PA Dept of Ed 717-783-6788
    if they don't give a good answer call again, you should ask someone else. They've been helpful in the past.

Can you tell me how you got the NJ certification, I'm trying to go from PA to NJ?