P.E. Teachers - share your class incentive ideas!

Discussion in 'P.E. Teachers' started by LovetoteachPREK, Aug 6, 2012.

1. LovetoteachPREK

LovetoteachPREK Companion

Aug 6, 2012

Hi everyone! Starting out a new year as a new P.E. Teacher. I am looking for some fun ways to motivate the students as a class. I would like to honor a class each week (or maybe every other week) for exhibiting great behavior, participation, etc.

Any ideas???

3. Paragiggle

Paragiggle New Member

Jan 6, 2013

As far as participation goes, something fun my teacher mentor did to motivate students to bring proper footwear was the Big Shoe award.

If an entire class (Say, Mrs. Higginbottom's class) wore appropriate footwear for PE, they would get a sticker placed on a board that tracked the month's progress. At the end of the month, the class with the most stickers got to take a picture with a GIANT basketball shoe. It was comical how big the thing was compared to the kiddos, haha. They got a kick out of it.

She did this for each grade level and their pictures would be displayed right by the doors to the gym.

4. ssand

ssand New Member

Apr 4, 2013

Make/buy a huge trophy from the local thrift store. The best class at the end of the week gets it.

5. Sarah Jordan

Sarah Jordan New Member

Apr 17, 2014

For my classes, every student who has perfect attendance gets entered to win a prize. They know what the prize is ahead of time and it's a great incentive!

6. ScienceEd

ScienceEd Companion

Apr 17, 2014

in my kids elementary school, the elective teachers would give the top scoring class an award each 9 weeks (same trophy would move around the school). They gave weekly points (1-10) for how the class did in music, PE, library, etc.

7. rhurd1

rhurd1 New Member

Jul 3, 2015

We are looking for ideas to improve motivation for our younger students next year as well.
    The school does compliment cards, where each class earns rewards as they accumulate the compliment cards. I am thinking about something specific for PE though, but along the same lines. As the classes accumulate more, they get more rewards, such as choose the activity, extra P.E. time, P.E. teacher for a day, and more.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 5, 2015

Have you seen the incentive charms at www.fitnessfinders.org ? They are cute and not very expensive - though I haven't been to the site in a long while.

9. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jul 6, 2015

I've used those for many years......they work......our AR program uses them, too.A

10. Agold

Agold New Member

Oct 30, 2015

I created a run pass for my students. They can get out of a mile run or just a run day.