Open House

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by SwOcean Gal, Sep 19, 2010.

1. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Sep 19, 2010

Well, I am a new teacher and we have just had three days of parent orientations in which parents came into school with their kids to meet the teacher and fill out forms etc. Now, I have open house coming up- what should I do? What do I need to do? What should I expect? The parents were just in the room less than a week ago and got my whole rules, policy, and procedure spiel- so I do not have to give it again, do I? I have some activities and plans of stuff for them to do, but otherwise do I have to give a presentation of sorts?

3. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2010

What kind of Open House is it? Will you be meeting with parents individually or all together as a group? Will the kids be there? I would probably save some of the work you do this week with the kids and use that to show the parents what you have been doing and possibly "walk" them through a typical day.

4. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Sep 20, 2010

Oh, good idea, TeacherC! Thanks!
    I really like that. I had not even thought of that- walking them through a sample day- wow that is great. So perfect! Thanks! Now, I know what I am doing tomorrow. Cool! Thanks! Whew- that is a relief! My plan as of two minutes ago was to just do my spiel all over again-boring, redundant, and pointless! Now I am totally getting excited again! Thanks!

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2010

So how did it go? I'm glad I could help :)