Ok...so I have a sub question....

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by mandagap06, Nov 19, 2009.

1. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 19, 2009

Ok, I am unable to sub on tuesdays and thursdays because I am in school at a local community college on those days from 10:50-12 noon. Well on the master sub list it still has me listed as a sub who can sub mon-fri, but all my normal teachers/aides that I sub for know I am not avalible to sub on those two days. Well today I wake about 20 mins ago which was about 7:30am only to find that my cell phone is dead so I go to plug it up to the charger and I notice I have a voicemail. It is from a teacher that I sub for a lo. She knows of my class days(granted she may of forgot) and wanted me to sub for her. I have another voicemail from her teacher's aide(who I sub for often too) and she informed me again that the teacher was trying to get up with me. I figured by this time that they have gotten a sub. I still can't sub today anyway, but I got on facebook and the little chat thing was turned on(by mistake mind you) and I have the teacher and aide as friends on there and the teacher was online.I tryed to type her a quick chat to say I am sorry that my phone went dead and why I can't sub anyway, but as soon as I typed it and sent a min later she got off. So I have 2 questions. One do you think she got on facebook to see if I was on? And two do you think she got off so fast cuz' she was mad with me?

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Nov 19, 2009

I doubt that she is mad at you or on facebook to see if you were on it (she was probably just quickly checking it and you happened to be on it at the same time). Even if she forgot your schedule there are a lot of reasons that you might not be available to sub today and she knows that.

4. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 19, 2009

ok thank you! That makes me feel better. I just don't want anyone thinking I flat out ignored them you know. I mean cuz' I am always one to answer my phone if able and state if I can't sub.

5. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 19, 2009

Just go on Facebook and update your status - I have ___ class today at Community College. We are studying ____.

The teacher should see it, if she check FB again.

6. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 19, 2009

class is over now but thanks!!