OH MY GOSH 2 WEEKS LEFT AMNESIA!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissV, Jul 17, 2007.

1. MissV

MissV Companion

Jul 17, 2007

Two weeks to go. I'm not finished with my plans. There are 3 new third grade teachers that I need to work with. I don't have a social studies or science unit mapped out to fit the new curriculum.

I lie awake lay at night just thinking about everything I'm not going to have done, and I can't sleep:( It's 1:15 AM right now and here I am frantically scrolling the forums, and hubby (secondary English) is as snug as a bug in bed.

*pulls out hair*

I never feel like I'm /ever/ ready for the first day. IS ANYONE out there ready to go back to school, and if so, tell me your secrets...or at least share with me some benadryl :(

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2007

I haven't actually had a first day of school as a teacher, but I can tell you yes I have been uprepared. With a LTS I had I showed up, was told there were lesson plans, then in the next 10 minutes found out that their had been no other teacher (alternative ed) and the students were arriving in 5 minutes and there were no textbooks but I would be expected to have lessons for all three classes.

Do what I did, take a deep breath, and relax. Then look at your state standards and plan.

Check out this website, it has comlete lesson plans with worksheets on it, to give you a place to start...... just click on the third grade tab on the left side

http://www.coreknowledge.org/CK/resrcs/lessons/6.htm

4. MissV

MissV Companion

Jul 17, 2007

Gasp! How delightfully handy! I'm already checking out the science lessons. thank you thank you thank you *BOOKMARKS*

5. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2007

Also check out this place, the lessons are for middle and high, but the ideas can be adapted. The best part is the samples can be downloaded for free and have full lessons from the books in them. http://www.walch.com/science/