# of Trick-or-Treaters This Yr?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 1, 2015

I live in an apt complex & no knocks on my door (or anyone's) in all the Halloweens I've been living here, which is good. I guess my complex allows trick-or-treating, otherwise, I'm sure they'd send a mass email to us saying it's not allowed because they email us notices about everything else. I didn't even hear any kids outside. I stopped handing out candy I believe in 1991.

I know these days, the stores in the malls hand out candy, which is safer anyway.

3. TeacherWhoRuns

TeacherWhoRuns Companion

Nov 1, 2015

Two. Only two. And we have at least eight kids in the complex. Even if their parents take them someplace else to trick or treat, you'd think they'd hit the neighbors homes before they packed them into the car.
    I get the lack of trick or treaters on my street. It's all apartment and condo complexes and they're either gated or you have to kind of weave your way back into the complex and off the street. People may not fee like it's safe. Its kind of sad, really.

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Nov 1, 2015

We didn't have very many so I have a TON of candy left over! It was our first Halloween in this neighborhood. Not very many houses in the neighborhood participated so it was hard for us when we went trick-or-treating too. There was one cul-de-sac that had a few houses on it so it was a risk for us to walk down. It turns out there were a few lights on. There was a sweet old couple were overjoyed to have us because most didn't venture down their street. That was fun!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2015

Just over 50 which has been typical for us the past couple of years. When my kids were little we would easily have well over 200 kids and I still haven't quite adjusted to not needing that much candy!

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 1, 2015

I live out in the country. No sidewalks. Houses far apart. Never any trick or treaters at my house. I've never bought candy.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2015

Less than in the past....which is fine with me...mostly little kds, really no teens. Kind of came in waves...the bell would ring a few times within a fifteen minute timeframe and then not again for about 1/2 hour or so....I think most people do Halloween parties and less trick or treating...

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Nov 1, 2015

There are only 3 houses on my street (which includes mine). I live out in the country.

My next door neighbors have kids, so I made them goody bags. Other than that, though, I had zero kiddos ring my doorbell.

I stopped by my parents' house and it was a zoo over there. They live in a highly populated area of town, though.

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 1, 2015

I had over two hundred. I had 340 bags made up. Later in the evening, it started raining so I was giving out two bags in case the rain got worse so I wouldn't have any left over. I shouldn't have done that though. I had to get into the emergency bag of trick or treat candy I get just in case.

10. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 1, 2015

Well we had a tornado (very rare) early Halloween morning so not very many people participated in our neighborhood (so not many TorT). We live in a nice neighborhood with sidewalks and lots of houses decorate for Halloween, so we usually get a lot. We only had 5 at our house and only went to 4 houses with my own kids (we had also gone to our church).

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 1, 2015

Zero! We never get any. I did leave the house at 6pm for a party but I doubt anyone came by.

12. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2015

In a cul-de-sac right now in a highly residential area, and surprisingly probably only a dozen times did we open the door. Some years, I remember having in the low 100s of kids. I thought getting 175 pieces of candy was a bit risky, but it turned out that it just means we have more goodies to eat.

13. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Nov 1, 2015

I'm in a new apartment complex this year. I was out of town for our township's trick-or-treat on Saturday night but on Friday night we got about 5. I ended up returning 6 bags of unopened candy.

14. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 2, 2015

We got noticeably less this year than in other years... I wonder if it was because it was on a Saturday, maybe more people had other plans (parties, etc)?

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 3, 2015

A lot of kids on my street go trick or treating at the mall or go to other neighborhoods in town where the houses are closer together.

16. greendream

greendream Cohort

Nov 3, 2015

Quite a few! My neighborhood really gets into Halloween. Lots of folks had coffins, gravestones, flashing lights, inflatable grim reapers, mechanized spiders, spooky music. It was a blast going from house to house.

17. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Nov 5, 2015

My town has a designated set of blocks for trick-or-treating -- the police block off the roads, I believe the residents of the street are compensated for candy, and a lot of them go all-out with Halloween decorations and music, etc. A couple usually even have adult tables serving coffee, wine, pastries, and the like. There's some trick-or-treating outside that area as well, but my house is on the other side of town on a street with only 3 houses, so none for us.

I might try decorating more extensively next year to let people know that ours is a house they can come to.

18. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Nov 5, 2015

They are in our neighborhood, but we hide at the back of the house. Our dogs would go crazy if the doorbell revealed a masked child.

19. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Nov 12, 2015

Just under 200 which is typical.