Notebook Foldables

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Croissant, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Aug 10, 2012

I love foldables. This year I'm going to try interactive notebooks, and I would love to arm myself with some foldable ideas designed specifially for spiral notebooks. I know Dinah Zike has a whole book about this, but it's quite pricey. With as much money as I've spent for this school year already (it hasn't even started!) I'd like to get by without it for a bit. I think it'd make an excellent Christmas gift ;)

Anyway, does anyone know of any great (free) online resources for notebook foldables?

3. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Aug 10, 2012

I've created several of my own. The old standby is the multi-level foldable where you stagger the pages by 1/2 inch at the bottom, then fold them over and staple them. I've made ones that have windows that open. Usually I have them pasting or writing information in the window openings. I've seen many of Dinah's foldables on the Internet. Also, our kids who take Algebra, have a workbook and it has many of Dinah's foldables directions in there. Might be worth seeing if you can look into that. Does your library (school or town) have a copy of the book.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

Aug 10, 2012

There are a bunch of foldable files on the google site that is moderated by several members of this board. I don't have the link saved but hopefully someone who see's this post does. There was a bunch, some of which were multiple copies though.

5. roxstar

roxstar Companion

Aug 11, 2012

I'm not sure what subject you teach, but here is the link to all of the regular math foldables. I have that pricey book you are talking about, and basically, there is no difference with the foldables. You can either make regular foldables and just glue the back down into the notebook or use the notebook paper as the inside page of the foldable. Either way works well. Good luck!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ag5QDGLNpVcCM2z7w&sig2=Ej89-Lh86kdNpQKOv1zgKw

6. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Aug 11, 2012

Thank you guys for your suggestions! I teach English, but foldables can generally be adapted.

Roxstar, is the book not worth it, then?

7. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

8. roxstar

roxstar Companion

Aug 11, 2012

Oh, I found it to be totally worth it! I just wanted to give it to you in a nutshell because you said had spent enough money already. And believe me, I hear that!!:D

9. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2012

I think you can download Dina's PDF...have you tried?

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2012

11. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Aug 12, 2012

12. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2012

My kids use notebooks and I just have them glue the flodables into their notebooks. A few you can use the notebook paper, but I don't know if there's a big difference between notebook foldables and regular foldables.