Not sure what to think.....and question on time length

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by JMatch123, Jul 16, 2017.

1. JMatch123

JMatch123 Rookie

Jul 16, 2017

So it turns out that one of the interviewers from one of my interviews on Wednesday contacted some people she knew at my current job (teachers----not administration) to ask about me BEFORE I even had the interview on Wednesday. Is this a good thing or bad thing? Has this happened to anyone before? The teachers said they said good things about me so I hope it's true and it works in my favor.

I thought the interview went well (I was a little nervous so there are a few things I wish I would have said that I forgot to mention). The interview panel didn't talk about interview process or anything and I forget to ask myself (I just asked them general questions about the position and programs at the school). I did post the other day about the interview and mentioned overhearing the girl before me being interview and I thought she did well. How long do you think it would take to hear back from the school? I've been on interviews before where I didn't hear anything so I am hoping that isn't the case with this school.

I went on the school's website and saw that the next board meeting is at the end of this month so I am assuming they would want to submit someone's name to get approved for the position. I just getting so nervous and starting to lose hope I won't get a new job. I don't know what to do. I really, really, really want this job.

3. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 16, 2017

It depends on if they were doing multiple days of interviews. It's been my experience that if you are a top choice candidate you'll hear within a couple days, the max being 3. Also depends on the next steps in the interview process and when they plan to hold those meetings/demos. I'd say that if you don't hear anything by next week it's less likely you got the job unfortunately. Sometimes you may be the second choice and their first choice doesn't workout because of paperwork or accepting another job and that will be a few weeks maybe to hear back.

I would keep applying to jobs and hope for the best.

4. JMatch123

JMatch123 Rookie

Jul 17, 2017

Thanks for the response. I am so used to hearing nothing or a "we went with another candidate" that I am just assuming the worst. I still hope they see something in me and offer me something.