No, no, NO!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Edelweiss, Jul 30, 2008.

1. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Aug 1, 2008

I'm so sorry that happened. I had a job in a private school once... I got hired there in November. The following school year in the beginning of Nov. I was told the school was going to close because of low enrollment. I thought it would be impossible to find a job mid year and I'd probably have to sub the rest of the school year... but ya know what? I got a job THREE WEEKS LATER... a teacher retired mid year. This will be my 10th year there now. there's hope, don't give up, even after the year starts. There are also often maternity leave possitions. :)

2. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Aug 2, 2008

I love working in a private school but low enrollment can also affect our teaching jobs. Because of the increase of tuition each year, many parents find it difficult to afford it. Our school will probably not make it after this year. When I first graduated about 8 years ago there were so many jobs that most teachers were hired on emergency credentials. Now that I am looking, I notice there are a few jobs but many experienced and credentialed applicants who are all hoping to get the job. Good luck to everyone looking for a job.

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 2, 2008

A whole lot can happen between now and even Christmas. Hang in there!

4. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

I feel like crying for you! But hold on please. They may turn out that they can ideed hire you--this happens.
    Draft off a quick thank you note expressing your profound desire to teach at their school if things should change.

5. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Aug 4, 2008

Unfortunately I feel the school operated very unprofessionally. They were lying and deceiving. They mentioned they will try again next year. I think I will pass.

Anyway my interview with my dream job went well!

6. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Rookie

Aug 8, 2008

Well, I've found another position! Thank goodness - school starts next Thursday, and pre-planning starts Monday!

Thanks for your support, everyone...I was really starting to think it wasn't going to happen.

ETA: This wasn't a private school, for the record. It was a public magnet school.