Newsletter Template

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Maithal, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Dec 17, 2007

Hi Everyone!
    I'm currently a teacher who covers for teachers so they can have mtgs and/or provide classroom support. I have taught pre-k spec ed, 2nd grade, and K before.

Today I saw a teacher with a template for a newsletter that was on worksheet. It was great. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to ask the teacher where she got it. It looked like she may have gotten it from Mailbox Magazine, but I'm not positive. I have seen it used before. Both teachers had wrote the newsletter.

Does anyone have any great templates for newsletters that are quick and easy to make? I use to make one, but it was very very time consuming as I did it on microsoft word with bullets, etc.

Thanks everyone who is willing and able to share you're ideas with me. I appreciate it greatly! :)

3. alpha1123

alpha1123 Rookie

Dec 17, 2007

There is a great one from Microsoft Online for Word. That is the only one I use anymore.

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

5. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Dec 17, 2007

I made a template on my own using Word. Each week I just fill in the areas. Quick, simple and easy to do. I like this better than a pre-made ones because I tailored it to fit my needs.

6. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Dec 17, 2007

Emma, would you be willing to send me a copy of your template if possible?

Feel free to PM me. Thanks! :)

7. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Dec 18, 2007

Microsoft Publisher has great newsletter template. There are a wide variety and some geared directly towards education. Most schools have the microsoft package and publisher is often included. Check it out - it's very user friendly.

8. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 18, 2007

Thanks for the "new" website. I am a website junkie.

9. mandyg

mandyg Rookie

Dec 27, 2007

10. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Dec 28, 2007

I subscribe to Mailbox Magazine. With a subscription, you get Mailbox On-Line. There are worksheets and extenders including a monthly calendar template and monthly newsletter templates. Each month has seasonal graphics. There is a newsletter template with headings and one where you can make your own. They are so simple! There are also planning pages and note pages.

11. cmw

cmw Groupie

Dec 28, 2007

When I taught 4th my students did the newsletter using microsoft word. They wrote the article for a subject & then chose a shape in word art & typed it. Then the editors for that month decorated it with stickers & stamps. I also had my own section that I typed. (It wasn't always the prettiest (or classiest looking) newsletter, but the kids liked it & it allowed them to practice grammar & spelling. :)