New to Elementary everything!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kenny2teach, Jul 13, 2007.

1. kenny2teach

kenny2teach Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

Hi, I am new. I am getting my masters in Elementary Ed. My undergrad degree was in Art. I worked in the advertising biz for a while and decided I wanted to teach instead. I have been going to school online for the past year and teaching preschool. Obstacles have led me to apply for elementary positions and bypass student teaching...so I was just recently hired for a second grade position at a private school. Yikes! Just wanted to introduce myself because I have been lurking for the past couple of days.

HI!!!

3. Ms. Jane

Ms. Jane Companion

Jul 13, 2007

Welcome Kenny2teach and congratulations on your new 2nd grade position. How exciting!:)

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 13, 2007

Hi Kenny2teach. Welcome to AtoZ. You will love teaching. If you can handle pre-schoolers, you will be able to handle 2nd.

There is a ton of help, support, lesson plans (see buttons at top) and links to other resources on this site. Dig in.

5. latybug

latybug Rookie

Jul 14, 2007

Second grade is a wonderful grade to start with. They love their teacher and think you are super!!! If you start teaching them some art lessons especially drawing you will be their hero!! In their eyes you can do no wrong. Have fun and enjoy. This is a great site for ideas!!!!