New to Aesop

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by rockangel312, Sep 15, 2010.

1. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Sep 15, 2010

I received an email from Aesop that said: Preferred sub Alert: TEACHER ABC has posted a job

Does that mean I was requested, or does that just mean that they know I have subbed for this teacher in the past and they sent it.

Also, it was taken once I clicked on it.
    This is the first year my district has begun using Aesop, so I am unsure of how it all works. Thanks!

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Sep 15, 2010

It seems like you are on that teacher's preferred sub list - along with other subs that the teacher wants to request.
    By the time that you got to Aesop to check on the job, someone else had already picked up the job.
    At this time of the year, jobs go pretty quick!

4. azure

azure Companion

Sep 15, 2010

Yes, you are on that teacher's preferred sub list. Those people get an e-mail as soon as the job is posted. But if you work every day like I do, you're never at home to get the e-mail, and by the time you get home to see it, the job is taken. That's why I tell teachers who want to get me, to call me at home after school hours when they want to post the job, so I can get on my computer at the same time.

5. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Sep 15, 2010

Thanks! Also, when does Aesop call you? When a teacher actually calls out on the phone?

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 15, 2010

Aesop usually starts making phone calls in the evening and in the early morning (VERY EARLY) to fill any open sub jobs. You can opt out of the phone calls and just use the web and calling in exclusively. Definitely make sure to block out days you aren't available or you will get that 5am call.

7. azure

azure Companion

Sep 15, 2010

In my district jobs are taken very quickly off the internet. I don't think AESOP calls unless it's getting very close to the time of the job and no one has picked it up yet. You'll be much more likely to get jobs if you check the internet very often instead of waiting for a call.

A job is posted on the internet immediately after the teacher puts it in. AESOP doesn't usually call until it's crunch time.