NC to FL?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachMathNJ, Sep 30, 2018.

1. TeachMathNJ

TeachMathNJ Companion

Sep 30, 2018

So I received a call from a district in FL last week asking if I'd be interested in moving/teaching in FL. Actually, the thought has definitely crossed my mind. My family & I have been living outside of Charlotte for 4 years now (originally from NJ). The husband's parents live in FL (part of the reason thinking of the move)...anyone in FL or make the move to teach that might give me more info?

I've been thinking about the Tallahassee, Gainesville, and Ocala areas, but open to suggestions.

Thanks!

3. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Oct 2, 2018

I will be moving to Florida myself in a few months. It is similar to North Carolina in pay. In some places like Ocala (the city is serviced by the Marion County School District), you will make less. In other places like Tallahassee (serviced by the Leon County Schools) you start out with a lower salary but in the long run after 30+ plus years you will have a higher base salary than in Charlotte.

4. TeachMathNJ

TeachMathNJ Companion

Oct 3, 2018

I'm seriously considering it. Have you begun the job search/interview process, and, how's it going, if you don't mind sharing?