My room has its own bathroom..

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by louisiana, Jul 13, 2007.

1. eydie

eydie Companion

Jul 15, 2007

LOL!!! This post reminded me of the time I was being observed and one of my first graders had to go. He was in there singing for all to hear as he did his stinky business! Me and the VP were both trying not to giggle!

2. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 17, 2007

I love having a bathroom in my room. I've never had any problems with smell, and for the past two years my reading table was right next to the bathroom. The only two main problems were lack of toilet paper (because the custodians would forget to refill--we'd just use kleenex then) and the occasional bug. I have had a couple of students to sing in there, but I just tell another student to quietly knock on the door and ask them to stop. It rarely happens again after that. When I taught first grade, I did have a few problems with some of the little boys peeing on the floor. I just make them wipe up afterwards. The custodians clean it, although not very well, but it really stays pretty clean itself. I don't let the children wash their hands in there, they have to come out to the sink in the classroom. I use the bathroom, too, myself, since it's better than going all the way to the teacher's lounge. Thankfully I'll still have a bathroom in my new classroom this year, too. :)