First of all, I am devastated. My P is great. My district got a lot of "new leadership" at the district level starting last school year. They are coming very nearby very wealthy school districts and think they can "fix" us based on things that worked with their totally different population. My P has been in the district for 20 years and is very dedicated to our community; she really advocates for kids without getting caught up in political nonsense or "selling out" IMO. She's been pushing back on a lot of district level initiatives so the district decided they wanted someone that "sees their vision." I worked for an absolutely horrible P before this and I am worried about the future. I don't agree with the direction my district is going with SPED. My P has been protecting our team big time. I actually thought about leaving at the end of last year when I heard about all of the changes and changed my mind when she promised she would make sure I was still teaching (rather than spending my day in "collaborative meetings" like the district wants), and she has. Even if the new P is good, of course they're going to go along with what the district wants. My concern with leaving is that I think everyone in the area is starting to do SPED the way my district wants to, and I'm finally non-probationary so I don't want to lose that. I'm afraid even if I found another resource position it wouldn't stay that way for long. I only taught gen ed for one year and that was many years ago, so I think it'd be very hard to get hired for that. Even though I haven't fully decided anything yet I would still like to have a recommendation just in case. Even if I stay, what if the new person hates me and I have no recommendation for the following year? It's just something I think would be good to have. On the other hand, I don't want to be tacky...my P is very well liked by teachers and families and I think this was quite a shock for her. I'm not sure how much of a chance a fired principal has for getting a job elsewhere, so I know she is having a very hard time right now. I have a prearranged mid-year meeting with her on Monday. I feel like that's too soon to ask/would be insensitive, but "job hunting" season starts in February here so I don't want to wait long. How would you approach this?