My Fitness Pal

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by perplexed, Nov 26, 2012.

1. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Nov 26, 2012

I've been using My Fitness Pal for 5 days now. So far, I really like it. I was going to Weight Watchers in the summer to get back to my lifetime membership so I could go for free again, but it got too hard once I started school. (DH works opposite of me and then I have my 3 and 4 year old, and I don't want to bring them to the meetings). Has anyone lost weight using MFP every day? How much did you lose? So far, I'm pretty optimistic with it. It's so much easier than tracking on paper. I hope I can keep it up!

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 26, 2012

I lost 55 pounds in about seven months, but then I gained it back when I stopped tracking regularly. After the holidays, I'm starting again. It's just not going to happen the last two weeks of the grad school semester...

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 26, 2012

I have lost almost 20 lbs so far. It helps that I also go to TOPS meetings (It's like weight watchers but they dont' tell you what to eat they just weigh you and give tips). I plan on losing 13-15 more lbs to reach my goal!
    You can add me as a friend on MFP just send me a PM.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

I've lost 56 pounds since the beginning of April. I've tracked my food and exercise faithfully every day and it's working for me. Send me a PM if you want to add me on MFP.

6. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Nov 26, 2012

I have lost about 8 pounds. I have been a member for about a year but faithfully using about 25 days. It definately helps!

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 26, 2012

I lost 30 pounds from mid January to first week of April without exercise or restricting any foods. I just kept calories between 1200-1300.

Gained part back when I got divorced this summer. Steroids finished it off. Still counting, but not being careful. Lost a few pounds. Am going to the gym now as well.

Need to lose 100 to get back to my normal weight. I hate steroids.

I'm ebeth_h if you want MFP friends.

8. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Nov 26, 2012

It's nice to know you all had such great success!!! Well, I will try my best to stick to it. It helps that I have an iPad, so maybe I'll keep on tracking. I really, really want to lose weight, so hopefully I'll stick with it. I'll PM you ladies so I have some friend on there. I don't know anyone else using it.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

I'm a member of it and have used it religiously in the past, but have gotten lazy in putting in my food. I need to start again, especially with Thanksgiving out of the way.

10. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Nov 26, 2012

I haven't been able to make it work for me long term...but it's just like anything else- you have to have the motivation to do it too! I have been a member for a year and all I end up doing is gaining and losing the same 15 pounds over and over again. MFP set my calorie goal at 1200...I've been wondering recently if I might have more success at something more reasonable like 1500. It seems I just can't stick to the 1200.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 26, 2012

If you change your goal (like losing .5 lb per week instead of 1 lb per week) they will give you more calories. One of my friends just did that and she feels like she can stick with it better.

12. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Nov 26, 2012

I've been using since August 1. I've lost 38 pounds according to my starting weight, which was an estimate at the time. I do know that I have lost, as all of my pants and skirts fall off of me. I am set at 1570 calories and it's working fabulously for me. My mom is also doing it, with a slower weight loss, but more importantly she had an 80 point drop in her triglycerides on her most recent bloodwork (no other changes to account for the drop).

I *LOVE* it! I use the app on my smartphone.

13. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Nov 26, 2012

i love this app also! I have lost 12 pounds, but I am a terrible dieter, and over 40 so all my metabolism is screwed up. I feel good about it!