my district email server is down

Discussion in 'General Education' started by creativemonster, Sep 2, 2017.

1. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Sep 2, 2017

this is weird. Maybe a sign I need to chill out and not work weekends. But I'm also more than slightly concerned as I spent a great portion of yesterday putting my students grades into the district mandated site and that is down as well. Maybe it is related to the grade window being open. but it says domain has expired. I cant even email my principal, since all I have is his school based email. Ahhahaha! I MUST not do school work! Love it. Just nervous that Tuesday I'll find out everything was erased. That would bother me to the point of ...not going there. It's all very weird.

3. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Companion

Sep 2, 2017

What email program do you guys have? We have school gmail accounts so it's never down. Before that we had a program called Novell, and it was a major PITA.

4. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Sep 2, 2017

the actual program is outlook, which I think is fine, but the server is down...Is it the server? The district site. In my entire time with my district I think this is a first. My grades took a looooong time to input but I am trying to not panic. And really maybe I need to stop working on my weekends!

5. AmyMyNamey

AmyMyNamey Comrade

Sep 3, 2017

Something tells me that place will still be there on Tuesday, whether or not you work weekends.

The larger question is whether or not you'll still be around in fifty years if you keep working weekends.

Enjoy the weekend.

6. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2017

I'm sure the server will be rebooted and all your hardwork will be there. Don't stress, your principal will realize something is wrong as they probably check their email all weekend.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2017

It's Labor Day weekend. Worry about it on Tuesday.

8. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Sep 5, 2017

Yup - everything back to normal ...until next year at around this time when the domain is once again up for renewal. Somebody upstairs in my district is probably catching the wrath of their boss. Ah well, it all worked out!

AlwaysAttend likes this.