Multiple Subject Test HELP

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by outerbanks123, Jan 5, 2017.

1. outerbanks123

outerbanks123 New Member

Jan 5, 2017

I plan on going for my post bach teaching cert, but before being able to apply to colleges NJ schools now make you take and pass the Praxis Multiple Subject test!

I just took the Praxis core, which was good, but the Praxis II scares me. The reading/language arts are things I have never learned before.

Does anyone have any pointers?? I need to pass by June 1st so I an apply for school next fall.

THANK YOU!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 6, 2017

Welcome to A to Z, outerbanks123.

Yours isn't the only state that includes reading-instruction knowledge in a test whose takers haven't all had reading-instruction methodology coursework yet. Using the free study guide that's on the Praxis website, find terms in the test outline and in the sample questions that you don't know, then look them up on the internet; Wikipedia works very well, but literacy websites such as Reading Rockets can also be very helpful, and the chances are good that there's a New Jersey state literacy website. You can also leaf through threads about CSET-MS: we used to have some lively discussions of the difference between phonemic awareness and phonics, back in the day.