Multigenre writing

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Weazy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 9, 2007

I am attending a workshop about multigenre writing. So far, it seems very interesting, and we are required to turn in our own project at the end of the workshop. Currently, I am a bit overwhelmed at getting started, but eventually I would like to be able to implement this in my classroom. Has anyone used multigenre writing with their classes? I teach 9th grade, any special tips for this age group? What is the best way to get started? We are also limited when it comes to computers--many of my students do not have them at home, or if they do, they do not have internet access. I would appreciate any input. Out instructor is terrific, but he/she teaches college, and I have found that many times they forget or don't realize the "restrictions" we face as teachers. Everything sounds great when it is presented, but when you try to actually use it, it doesn't work as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 9, 2007

I've been teaching multigenre writing projects for about 5 years now to my juniors. I have lots of information!

If you want, PM me, we'll chat and I'll send you some handouts and such.:D