Mouth Guards

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cutNglue, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 26, 2007

I grind my teeth during the day. I see many night time guards and a FEW guards you can wear during the day, but I was wondering if anybody actually wears one. I don't want a custom made one. I'm cheap. I do want it to stay and be comfortable. The night time ones, I heard, are too thick. So anyone in the same boat and experienced?

3. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Sep 26, 2007

I had a custom made one from the dentist for at night; however, my dog decided to eat it CASE AND ALL! I went to Wal-mart and got one of the mold it yourself ones, and it does the trick. I may still ask the dentist about getting another custom night guard, I'm quite pleased with the $20 wal-mart one!

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 26, 2007

OUCH! I have one better. I had a dog eat a hearing aid once. Those cost $1200-3000 (or more)!!

Do you wear yours during the day? I'm trying to understand if I can wear it while I'm working and if it is comfortable and stays in. Plus, I already have dry mouth. Will this make it worse?

5. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Sep 27, 2007

The Wal-mart one doesn't stay on my top teeth very well, so there's no way I could wear it to work. Even the custom one is hard to talk with in your mouth and can sometimes make you drool! It won't make you have dry mouth because you don't swallow on a regular basis with it in your mouth! It's personally not comfortable for me to wear all day, but it may feel different for you.

Do you grind your teeth during the day? My problem is clenching my teeth, and I don't do that during the day. It wouldn't help me to wear it during the day.