Medium to short haircut style ideas....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Well, I'm starting work this Friday. I haven't had my haircut since late February, so I'm due for a good one. My hair is around my shoulders. I have NO clue what to get. I usually get the A line bob (like the Posh Spice girl, can't remember her name). But I'm getting kinda tired of it. Any nice haircuts that you love? :D

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

4. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Aug 27, 2008

I like it! If my hair was straight, I would love to get my hair cut that short. As is though, if I was running late one morning and didn't flat iron my uber curly hair, it would be up above my ears :lol:

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 27, 2008

Good for you for making a change! It's nice, easy upkeep, & modern. What color is your hair? If you're blonde, how about a little darker or red. If you're brunette, how about adding lighter highlights or blonder all over? If you don't want any of that, how about brown-black w/ reddish highlights?

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

I have brown hair and I don't really plan to change the color. I'm very natural and do not even wear much makeup (except for some berts bees). :) I'm sure highlights would be SO cute though. Maybe I will get them one day. :D

7. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Thanks for the google pics.... Even though they are cute, I don't want really short hair, like in the photos 2-4. I like 1st and the last one. I'm trying to grow my hair out but it's still in layers from the last short cut (think victoria beckham). But, because it's in layers, it's getting kinda wiled and hard to maintain. I want a cute cut, but one that will still allow me to continue growing it out.

I just noticed that all of the pictures of haircuts that I like are blondes. I hope the cuts will work on a brunette .:rolleyes:

9. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 27, 2008

I really liked the first one too. I am very much into the side-swept bangs. Its cute look.

I wish I could cut my hair. I've been ordered not to by my 2 bride-to-be sisters. Its down past my shoulders. Next summer I'm chopping it off!!!!!

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Yes!!! I'm starting to really dig the side swept bangs too. I'll have to get my hair cut short in order to do the bangs, which'll be a bit scary as I haven't had bangs since 12. But, I think it'll be cute.

11. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 27, 2008

I just got my hair trimmed and she gave me shorter bangs...

Though to be honest I first had to youtube 'side-swept bangs' to learn how to keep them STAY to the side. lololol

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

:haha: Good idea! Do you like it?

13. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 27, 2008

You're working again. I thought that you were taking the year off?
    Congrats!!!!!!!:party:

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Well.... long story short, I applied for a part time position. I figured, I could continue taking classes and work at the same time. I would have helped kids with their reading. Well, I emailed the HR person reiterating my interest in the position after not hearing from them. In the email, I mentioned that I had actually taught in that same district three years prior as the kinder teacher. I gave her my maiden name. She emailed me back saying that she remembered my name and then asked if I would be interested in a full time kinder position. Without even thinking about it, I emailed her back and said, "YES!" I guess teaching is in me. Anyways, I'm still taking classes in the evening at the college.

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Just got my haircut and it pretty much matches the photo. I didn't get my bangs cut because I'm just too nervous that I will hate it.