Math Praxis Core

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by hannah0409, Apr 16, 2018.

1. hannah0409

hannah0409 New Member

Apr 16, 2018

Hey everyone! Today I just took the combined version of the Praxis Core. I passed the reading section with a perfect score, and feel fairly confident about how I did on the writing. However, I did not pass the math section and received a 132, and I need a 150 to pass. I plan to retake the test within the next month or so, and I was wondering if there are any resources that would be beneficial in helping me study? From the research I've done today, a lot of people seem to suggest Dr. Lynn Gardner's Math Core Made Easy. I was wondering if anyone has used this book and it's a valid resource, or if it's just a scam? Anyway, any suggestions or recommendations for studying would be great! Thanks!!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 16, 2018

Welcome to A to Z, hannah0409!

Having now experienced Praxis Core math questions, can you identify some specific math skills/concepts in which you didn't perform as well as you'd like? Fractions? Percentages? Rate problems? Algebra?

Will you be taking an elementary-education subject-matter test soon?

4. thelittlesoul

thelittlesoul New Member

Jun 18, 2018

I would strongly recommend the book because the questions that are in the book are the same exact ones on the test. I went from a 124 to 160 using the book and I had a tutor who helped me too. The book is worth the $35.

Also, I was wondering what type of book you used to pass the writing because I am having trouble passing that part.

p.s. I took the test last week so it's very up to date.

minibear7 likes this.
  5. minibear7

minibear7 Rookie

Jun 19, 2018

I am using her book to study, my test is next week. I hope they are the same questions because if so, I feel confident that I will pass!