Match Card App!

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by teachersk, Mar 24, 2012.

1. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Mar 24, 2012

I bet you all just got really excited, didn't you?

Well, I didn't make the app (I WISH!) But it is VERY similar to the match card method, if you've adopted that for your classroom. :cool:

ANyway, check out "Match the Pairs Junior Edition."

Total Match Card app!

Enjoy, it's free right now!

3. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Mar 26, 2012

Ahhhhh, I wish I could put stuff on my ipad myself instead of requesting my district do it............grrrr.

You should get into app design. I bet yours would rock.

4. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Mar 26, 2012

You know what's so funny? Before Proloquo2go was released, I was so determined that I could make a "PECS" iPhone app. I even looked into the beginning stages of development, making pictures talk, etc.

Then p2go was released and I was like, "BLAST!"

Same with Unique Learning System. I was like, "Oh, wouldn't it be so smart to have a curriculum that is standards based but is modified for kids with severe disabilities? Even cooler to include several different levels and to tailor it towards kids who use AAC to communicate."

Bam, ULS was developed and released. It's like I'm one step behind, always!

But this app is a great one. Do you have to have your district install even the free apps!? That's horrid!

5. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Mar 26, 2012

tell me about it. AND, we can only request apps/updates twice a year! Then we all have to turn in our ipads and it takes like, 2 weeks to get them all updated. We have to turn in a PO for every single app we want, even the free ones! I am told it has to do with the district liscense bundle. I can't even buy them with my own money, because I can't put them on there myself.

How does your district do it? I am told we will have a little more freedom next year.

6. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Mar 26, 2012

I do have an ipod touch though, that is MINE, so I will definitely put this on. Thanks for the heads up!