Macmillan Treasures! YIKES!!!

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by pamms, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 5, 2009

Thank you SO much for sharing!! I'm giving this link to my 2nd grade friends! (including my husband who will teach 2nd this year!)

I'm so sad :( that I won't get to use it since I'm moving to 3rd. Does anyone know of some great 3rd grade resources???:confused:

2. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 5, 2009

3. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 5, 2009

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 12, 2009

In some ways yes, at least for the kdg level. The phonemic awareness activites were much better in the old Trophies program, but my students and I both enjoy the literature in Treasures more than Trophies.

I do miss the 1 page theme assessments from Harcourt. Treasures has these 8+ page unit assessments :eek:, which to me is not really age appropriate. I had to create my own assessments that was strictly a way to track student achievement in phonics and high frequency words.

5. coachtam

coachtam New Member

Sep 11, 2009

Treasures Teacher Resources

Hi! I just got the Reading Coach position at my school and am really trying to find some good resources for Treasures. We have grades k-5 and I would really appreciate any of the resources that you have created. I tried to email you, but I couldn't get it to work. I am new to this site, so I'm just learning the ropes. Thanks so much, only one more day before the weekend!!

-Tammy

6. corney

corney Companion

Sep 11, 2009

Do any of you have a link to the weekly assessment test? I had it for 2nd grade but I can't seem to locate the 3rd grade one.. it's a very helpful tool I use at home.

7. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

8. corney

corney Companion

Sep 14, 2009

9. sharnon007

sharnon007 Rookie

Jan 13, 2010

Hi- Could You

Hi- I run 2 forums for TreasuresReadingTeachers on ning&yahoo and I also have a blog that has resources for Treasures Teachers (reading teachers online arsenal). I'm always looking for resources and sites to share with members. I'd be tickled pink if you share some resources with me.
    Since I haven't posted much, I can't send any url's or my email. But if you know what google's email is, use my username and you can send them to me or get info about the forums I run. Between the 2 forums, there's almost 700 members.

ThanX & have a great day!

10. Elcsmith

Elcsmith Companion

Jan 31, 2010

Does it spiral or do you teach each skill to mastery? Seems to me like if it spirals you could just hit each skill and move on. I'm really not familiar with it though! It sounds like our Houghton Mifflin Program. There are so many skills to be taught a week. We stretch it out to 8 days and it constantly spirals back.

11. mastermind

mastermind Rookie

Apr 29, 2010

Hello Corney,

Did you able to get the 3rd grade unit assessment? if so could you please share it with me?
    Thanks.