lower leveled persuasive writing?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by FourSquare, Jan 22, 2013.

1. FourSquare

FourSquare Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2013

Does anyone have any good examples/resources for persuasive writing? I am particularly looking for some with lower reading levels...maybe 3rd-4th. I was trying to google up kids' editorials or related articles, but I haven't found anything good.

Thanks!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 23, 2013

I used to pull from Scholastic News and Weekly Reader type of newspapers. They often had persuasive writing with pros and cons of a subject.

4. HeartDrama

HeartDrama Connoisseur

Jan 23, 2013

I did an activity with my 8th graders yesterday that you might be able to use. I heard about this 13 y/o girl who started a petition on Change.org and successfully convinced Hasbro to market their Easy Bake Oven to both boys and girls. They looked at the petition which included a video, letter to Hasbro, and appeal to the public and analyzed the methods she used to persuade. I like it because it was done by a kid.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/has...=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign

5. MsG

MsG Companion

Jan 23, 2013

Time for Kids has one with a graphic organizer to go with it that is perfect for 3-4th grades. We just used it the other day. It should be on their website if you have a membership.