Los Angeles Fashion District

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherWhoRuns, Jul 23, 2018.

1. TeacherWhoRuns

TeacherWhoRuns Companion

Jul 23, 2018

Just need to vent.
    I keep hearing how the fabric deals in the fashion district in LA are so outstanding. I took some recommendations and found the places I wanted to go.
    It's a nuthouse!
    The parking vendors are really aggressive. They jump out in front of cars trying to guide them into their garages. Most of them have signs advertising $3 parking. When we pulled into one, the car in front of us was taking a long time with the attendant. We thought he was arguing about not being able to park his own car. Then he pulled ahead. When the attendant got to us, he quoted $20 for parking. $3 was only for fifteen minutes. We declined, then had to go all the to the top of the structure to turn around and pull out. There was a whole line of cars in front of us doing the same thing.
    At that point, I was over it. If that's indicative of the way people do business in the area, I doubt I'll return soon. I'm sure if you know your way around, you can get some deals, but all I saw driving through were knock offs and t-shirts. I never even made it to the fabric stores.
    So disappointing.

3. socalenglish

socalenglish Rookie

Jul 24, 2018

I hear you!
    Even if you can find a reasonable place to park, it is not worth going to.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 15, 2018

Thanks for discussing this. I live an hour away and always wondered how it was there. Not worth it at all to me!