Looking for a great calendar for morning meeting

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by Pisces_Fish, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 3, 2013

I have never done calendar time before, and I would like to try it out this year. Do you have a calendar kit you absolutely love OR, did you make one yourself that you can share?

I looked on Amazon and I was quickly overwhelmed with all the choices :dizzy:

Ideally, I want one with a clock, and tens-hundreds-ones section, and a coin section, at the very least.

3. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2013

4. janlee

janlee Devotee

Aug 5, 2013

Lakeshore Learning has several calendar activity centers available. Almost all of the k -3 classrooms at my school have the elementary calendar center. It's pricey but well worth it.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 5, 2013

I made my own calendar. It was large, all blank. I put a slit in each date box, inserted a paper clip, and taped them on the back. I used plain numbers and the patterns that came with Calendar Math (even though we didn't use Everyday Math, we bought the calendar sets). I did all the activities included in Calendar Math, even for 5th grade. It was awesome.

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2013

I used to use the Everyday Counts program. It's pretty good. I now do it on the Smartboard.