Long Range Planning Template (Canadian)

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by CanadianTeacher, Jul 8, 2007.

1. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 8, 2007

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any Canadian teacher (not sure if it would really make a difference, but just in case) would have a long range planning template they could pass on. I'm going into my third year and I've never been asked to submit long range plans. I know I will have to this coming year, so I am currently working on that. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 9, 2007

Does no one do long range planning??

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2007

What subject/grade/level do you teach?

5. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 9, 2007

Grade 7
    Language, French as second language, Science, Math, Music/Art/Drama. I have my curriculum, but I am looking for a template that I can map it out on for the year to hand in to my principal.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2007

I'll be happy to send you mine from 7th grade math. Do you want to PM me with your email?

7. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 9, 2007

Thanks, Alice. Please see your PM. Anyone else?

8. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2007

Alice can you pm that to me too, I wanted to lay one out for me, and was going to make a template myself. And well, that is as far as I got, because I don't know what I am doing!

Thanks

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2007

Hi Canadian Teacher--I've been away for a few days (still am away on a course) and didn't see your posts. I have a few templates I have used, but they must be at home on my memory stick, because they aren't on my laptop--I'll look for them tomorrow when I get home. One simple thing I did a couple of years ago was print off copies of all of the expectations for the subjects I was teaching with checkboxes for terms 1, 2, and 3 beside each. I went through and literally checked off when I would focus on that expectation. Some, like many of the Writing expectations, were a continuing focus, so I indicated when I would report on them.

10. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 10, 2007

Thanks, MrsC. That would be great if you had a template to pass on. As far as printing off the expectations, that's a good idea. Did you just retype the expectations. I remember from teacher's college that there was a website that had them where you could print them off and they were already in the proper format to check off when you did them, but I don't remember the website. Do you know it?

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2007

CanadianTeacher, try the planning sheets here www.linktolearning.com (scroll down to Quick Links for Teachers)--I think this is where I got them. I got some great long-range planning outlines (for grade 7) today at the workshop I'm attending; when I get home I'll try to scan them and send them to you (PM me your email address).

12. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 10, 2007

Thanks so much, MrsC!! Check your PM--I'm looking forward to seeing what you have!