Lockable Cabinet

Discussion in 'General Education' started by math_teacher, Mar 2, 2009.

1. math_teacher

math_teacher Companion

Mar 2, 2009

I have all my materials in 3 ring binders. Probably a total of 12 binders (1 per marking period for 3 courses). I want to be able to lock up these materials so that weekend guests to our classroom cannot access my materials. I have been storing these in drawers of a filing cabinet, but my I have filled up my file drawers and need to spill over into the drawers currently housing my binders.

Any ideas where to find some sort of locking cabinet (where I could place the binders on shelves) or locking drawer unit that is not SUPER expensive. When I look in office supply stores they are usually over $150.....

Thanks!

3. Arky

Arky Comrade

Mar 2, 2009

Have you checked with Wal-Mart and do you have a Big Lots? Office supply stores are usually more expensive.

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2009

I had a low cabinet made by Sterilite, I think, when I shared a classroom several years back. (It's out in the yard now.) It's heavy-duty plastic and I locked it with a padlock. Look at Target, Wal-Mart, or the home improvement centers for something like that - it was only around $50, I think. Target has a full-height one on the website for $99, so if you've got the room, that would give you plenty of storage space.

5. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Mar 3, 2009

We have an office surplus center near us that our district gets all kinds of office furniture. I don't know if there is one near you, but you may want to ask around to check. They get filing cabinets for $10, office chairs, etc.