Literally a day of HELL at our school yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Education' started by RookieTeacher16, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 8, 2016

RookieTeacher16, I would have been a hot, sweaty mess if I had to go through what you did!

At my new school, my room is decent. The A/C just stays on & it gets pretty cold. Good thing I don't get cold easily.

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 9, 2016

That describes all of us in the building this week--staff and students are all dripping. Hoping for some relief next week!

3. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Sep 9, 2016

This was me yesterday too. My room only has one window; most classrooms have 2-3. I have ceiling fans at least but they don't do much when it's already stifling. Honestly I think the gym was worse than my classroom.

We have uniforms and the kids are allowed to wear gym uniforms yesterday and today. I think that helped a little bit. But I know one of my students was picked up at lunch bc her mom said it was too hot, and another student missed two hours of class with a bad headache. I feel bad for these kids.

4. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Jun 19, 2017

My co-teachers would tell the students to shower. This was at a low-income alternative education setting. We also asked for deodorant donations and received a lot of soap from the local community. But honestly is the best policy with hygiene.

-David DiCaprio

5. kellzy

kellzy Companion

Jun 19, 2017

Hey sounds like my school. We did our end of year testing without an air conditioner. Asking children to sit through a marathon testing session trapped in a 90+ degree room was child abuse. I spent my testing time bringing kids back and spraying them with a spray bottle so I wouldn't have kids dropping from heat sicknesses.