Lifelong Learning

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Been There, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Been There

Been There Cohort

Jun 9, 2018

I never tire of looking for new ways of teaching. Now that I'm retired, my habit of life-long learning continues with the purpose of helping others. Here are some inspirational videos that are sure to help rejuvenate and inspire you in preparation for next year. It's never too early to start!

If you haven't discovered it yet, Edutopia is a treasure trove of great resources, both for reading and viewing. Founded by filmmaker George Lucas, Edutopia is dedicated to transforming K-12 education.

EDUTOPIA TOPICS
    Click here for a list of their resources or check out a few of my recommended videos below.

Elementary
    I can personally attest that these activities are worth their weight in gold!
    Amazing Schools
    The northern California CUE Conference is held at American Canyon High School in the Napa Valley Unified School District every year. Worth attending if you live in the area - truly amazing!
    Education Everywhere
    Dare to go outside the bubble, put aside your personal biases and prepare to see what can be achieved when best practices are implemented system-wide. If you travel abroad this summer, try visiting one these schools and tell us about it. I once toured Pui Ching Middle School in Hong Kong and was amazed at the state-of-the-art facility and futuristic curriculum.
    Faculty Support
    Using technology to help teachers in need

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    bella84, Obadiah and readingrules12 like this.
  3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Fanatic

Jun 9, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing these. I just watched Morning Meetings and enjoyed it. I look forward to watching more.

4. Been There

Been There Cohort

Jun 9, 2018

You're so very welcome! The first graders in the video are more articulate than many teens that I've worked with. There are other Edutopia videos for similar group interactivities suitable for use at the secondary level.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018