Letter to parents...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissT34, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 5, 2011

Has anyone ever write a letter to the parents at the beginning of the year, to introduce yourself and explain your expectations of each child? I've been debating whether to do that or not. I ordered some really cute magnets with my contact info, and I was thinking I could staple them to the letters and pass them out during meet the teacher night. Thoughts? If you have an example of the format I'd greatly appreciate it!

3. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 5, 2011

oh gosh, WRITTEN*** :blush:

4. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 5, 2011

I have one that I send home every year. I print it on whatever themed paper I choose. I introduce myself, give them the rules and give some pointers of how they can help their child start off the school year right.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

I write one as well. It mostly introduces our basic expectations (I do not try to explain everything) and gives the parents a few tips for starting the year off right.

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 6, 2011

I do a "Welcome letter" to my families... sent it out a week and a half ago once I got my list... I also do another "Welcome packet" at he beginning of the year with the basic flow of the schedule, and specials (we don't have ANY this year due to numbers in K-6, grrr!), supply list, what they can expect, things like that.

this year i am going to mention a FULL-SIZE backpack (those tiny ones are super cute, but don't even hold a piece of paper without folding it) that they CHECK EVERY DAY.

But I teach preschool ;)

7. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2011

Every year I change the dates and print the letter.