Lesson Planning Templates

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jem, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 14, 2009

In my never-ending quest to get organized, I've created a few lesson planning templates.

My idea is to layer them-idea sheet, weekly calendar, idea sheet, weekly calendar, etc., and then get them bound at Kinkos.

The first one I got done is actually the weekly calendar. My schedule throughout the day is really flexable, so I made a weekly calendar with times down the side. This won't be right for the teacher who does the same thing everyday at the same time, but it would be great for teachers who different kids, or mix it up each day. Unfortunatley, all I have is Publisher at the moment. It's the last link on this page.

[​IMG]

I'm working on the idea sheet right now, and will post in a few minutes.

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 14, 2009

Ok, so here's the idea/brainstorming sheet. I get ideas for units all the time, so this is a nice way for me to organize my thoughts. The two empty squares in the upper left-hand corner were for two items that I change each week and need to plan for. You could put anything there that you want to do each week but maybe forget to do or something. Like 'create words for word wall' or something. The resources section is for field trip ideas, speakers, websites, videos, artifacts/primary sources, etc. that might add to the unit. The website projects square is what my student will contribute to her site for the week-maybe if you have a site, it could be what your students put up, like podcasts, blogs, artwork, etc.

It's the second to the last link on this page.

[​IMG]

4. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Jun 15, 2009

Wow, Jem! Those look great! I especially like the idea sheet. I like the idea of getting them bound. I couldn't get them to download from your website (I got code on one and a different sheet on another). I'll check back. Thanks for sharing, you always have the best, most creative ideas!!

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 15, 2009

Weird-I'm still working on uploading the second one. It was created with Publisher, so you need that program to be able to view them. I'll test them in a minute.

ETA: Ok, just tested them. They should work fine if you have Publisher. They are the last two links on that page (lesson planning page). I'll try to see if I can get a PDF made of them somehow. I don't have a PDF converter on this computer, and Dh doesn't have publisher on his computer... ack!

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2009

If you go to www.download.com, they have a free PDF converter called Cute PDF. I use it for all my school stuff. It doesn't put a watermark on your stuff either.

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2009

Ooh, fun! I've been wanting to do something like this - I just print out dailies and stick them in a binder/write on a calendar what I'm thinking. I like your layout - very easy to follow along.

You should add plan designer to your resume, too :)

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 15, 2009

Awesome! I just downloaded it and will play around with it when I get home tonight. This is fantastic, because I'm working on a project that uses the CA Fifth grade standards and I only have Publisher for that as well. Whoo-hoo! A summer of free stuff for everyone!