Lesson Plan Templates

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by CarolinaTeach, Aug 5, 2008.

1. CarolinaTeach

CarolinaTeach Rookie

Aug 5, 2008

I struggle with finding a lesson plan book that meets my needs. I am considering making my own templates on the computer this year. Does anyone have any they would like to share?

Thank you :2up:

3. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

Aug 5, 2008

I created my own lesson plan template in Xcel. It won't let me post attachments but if you would like a copy I would be more than happy to send you an email. I tried using a "cookie cutter" template but after so many years of teaching I finally figured out what works for me. I am more than willing to share.

4. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Aug 6, 2008

5. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 7, 2008

vbubbles, I sent you a PM with my email in it. If you will mail it to me, I'll post it. I'd like to see it, too.

6. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Aug 7, 2008

I do my lesson plan on a calendar grid that I made with microsoft works using the "insert table" and making my own table

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 8, 2008

Here is vbubbles plan.

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 8, 2008

It was a spread sheet but excel files aren't uploadable.

9. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Aug 8, 2008

I haven't used a plan book since 1997 and I will never go back :) It used to take me hours to hand write everything in those little boxes, I hated it :mad: I use a template I created in Word, you can download it from the organization page on my website, just scroll down to the lesson plan section. Now it takes me less than 20 minutes to complete my plans each week because I don't have to waste time writing the times or things that are constant every day. :up:

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 8, 2008

I like yours, Vanna. Neat and clean. I do mine on computer to keep from having to write the same things over and just change the few things that do need changing - current letter, color, number, shape, etc.

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 8, 2008

My center uses Creative Curriculum which has a lesson plan form. But, I have changed it a bit to suit my particular needs. I see some of you are using the daily schedule for an outline, and some are using concepts as an outline.

I have my staff use the concepts as a lesson plan, and then tell me when the activity will be presented in the daily schedule.

I have trained many teachers how to write lesson plans, and I find that is does not matter where you start, just make it work for you.

12. Pre-KPrincess

Pre-KPrincess Rookie

Aug 9, 2008

I am participating in an early childhood education project which has a huge professional development component and we have very specific expectations for our lesson plan format. They are very detailed and were pretty overwhelming at first. I've since gotten the hang of it and it's much easier now. I was trying to upload my template but I'm not sure how. I can email if you'd like!

13. teachers2

teachers2 New Member

Mar 16, 2009

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a copy of your lesson plan template. Thanks My email address is azariahboo@aol.com

14. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Mar 16, 2009

I use an excel doc. that i created that looks very similar to the one that was posted above. I've found it's what works best for me - and I can just "fill in the blanks" for each week! :)