Last bulletin board!

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by CDOR79, Apr 24, 2012.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Companion

Apr 24, 2012

So it's practically May and this will be my last big board for inside our classroom. I'm trying to think of something to incorporate a few things...the summer, wrapping up the year, and something to show work from the students. Plus we're getting a visit next week and I'd really like the board to be great!

What do you think of this:
    The title would be "Sizzlin' Scholars"...the background would be red and white checkered tablecloth like you would use for an outdoor bbq. I would use small paper plates and on them each student would type up one fact they learned from the year. Saying something like: "This year, I learned my multiplication facts".

Do you think it flows together? I'm not crazy about the paper plate idea...maybe I'll try to do it on a cheeseburger or something...lol.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 25, 2012

Or you could use different picnic items.

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2012

I like the picnic theme! How about instead of saying a fact they learned that year, having them demonstrate the one thing they're best at now as a result of the school year. If they want to focus on multiplication facts, maybe have them write a word problem or create a multiplication array...something that shows they learned it.

5. CDOR79

CDOR79 Companion

Apr 25, 2012

What I think I'm going to do is what I said (have them say one thing they learned) but print it out on either a burger or hot dog piece of clip art. I just put it together and it came out cute! The center is going to be slip art of a bbq grill with the title "Sizzlin' Scholars". I like it....think it'll come out cute.