large print crossword maker/ generator

Discussion in 'General Education' started by WaterfallLady, Sep 4, 2009.

1. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2009

I cannot find a large print crossword puzzle maker or generator anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can find a free one with a font at least 14 or greater?

3. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 4, 2009

So, I'm guessing you need the clues in that size of font? I use www.puzzlemaker.com for all of my puzzles, but I don't see that the clue font changes. You can change the size of the boxes, if that helps.

Ok, here is a round-about way to do it if you need to enlarge the font. Go to the site above and create your puzzle as you desire. Copy the entire puzzle & clues and paste it into a Word document. Then you can change the font however you need. (This is in the help section of the site on how to save puzzles created, I tried the font part myself and it does work!)

4. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2009

Wow! Thanks. I already figured out the big boxes on the website which helps almost all my students but I have one that can't read the small clues. I spend so much time at the copier trying to figure out how to enlarge it...it will take so much less time doing it on Word. I appreciate it.

5. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

I used www.eclipsecrossword.com . You have to download the program but it is free. It will adapt the puzzle to the size needed for that particular puzzle - ie if the puzzle has a few, shorter words, the boxes would be larger. I like this one because you can save your word lists and make different puzzles for the kids that sit together. You can also chose to print word banks, keys, etc. I also like that you can work on puzzles without being online. If the font wasn't large enough, I think I would just enlarge it on the copier.